1. It’s far.
2. I’m scared of traffic.
3. I don’t know where my helmet is.
4. I like hearing my boss ask me day after day when I’m going to start riding my bike to work.
5. The MTA is a perfect specimen of a well-oiled public transportation network, and never has any problems.
6. I’m too sleepy for a 4 mile bike ride through Brooklyn in the morning.
7. I like my 40 minutes of alone playing with my phone time while standing on the train.
8. I’m worried that biking to work is a gateway to vegetarianism and healthy living.
9. The designated bike path doesn’t ride past the water the whole way, but cuts inland, and takes me out of my way.